10/1/07

Breaking news...

This just in: my old dear friend Pedro Locco made the Saipan National Soccer Team!! How cool is that? Homey went over there to learn some chitlins in some edumacation, decided to try out for a team, and what do you know? Three weeks later I get a frantic email that reads (more or less), "Can't write now. Kids screaming in classroom. Someone back home should know: I made the Saipan national team. Might mean travel to Guam and the like. Good luck finding grass in Seattle, I know it's out there. Peace and love."

By golly he is right, apparently, due to the rain of course, it is green all year round and peoeples' lawns never turn brown and die like back home in Minny (that is what he meant, right?). ANYWAYS, how cool is it that I know an internationally capped footy player? (That means he played in an international recognized game, which I am not sure if he did just yet, but probably will in the near future.)

Now, I am not sure exactly how legit the Saipan national team is, given that it is an island about 5.5 miles wide by 13 miles long, give or take, BUT that does not take away from the fact that homey still gots mad skillz. He even scored a goal in his last match!

For those of you who know and love Pedro, like I do (former roommate and world travel companion), this is probably one of the biggest shocks of 2007. Stay tuned for more!

The beautiful Saipan (umm, i think we can see the whole island from this angle, but where are the soccer fields?):

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

the saipan abramoffs?