9/30/07

A great perk

One of the really great perks of grad school, and one I really did not see coming (which makes it all the more awesome), is that I have time in the afternoon to take a nap if I need one. Do you know how long it's been since I took regular naps?? Me neither. Probably not since high school when I would sneak one in every day after school before I had to go to work. I took 45 min power naps, and I had it down to a science. I could be lights out 5 mins from putting my head down.

I think as an undergrad I took naps, but mostly because I stayed out drinking way too late the night before, not just for the sake of taking one. And no way I took naps when I was working 9 to 5. I think I can count on one hand the number of naps I took in DC, and those were all because I was out too late drinking the night before. But now, when I am sitting in front of my computer in the middle of the afternoon, trying to do research for some random case study in public health, I can just say fuck it all, I'm taking a nap and will come back to this in a few hours. It is totally liberating, not to mention rejuvenating. Today I took a power nap for the ages. I was completely tuckered out from this long hilly 50 mile ride in the rain, I couldn't get any work doen because I could hardly keep my head up. An hour and a half later, I woke up feeling like a new man. Naps rule. And I will probably take one every day I don't have class in the afternoon, cuz why not?

1 comment:

Slurry B said...

I don't take them because I have homework but that's just me. I certainly thing about them, though, all the time.