5/4/07

Wish me luck, folks

My parents are in town this weekend, I am going to need all the luck and positive vibes you can send my way. While I love my parents dearly, you all know just how high maintenance parents can be, and mine are no different.

My mother happens to be the pickiest eater alive, so that pretty much takes fun restuarants off the table. Fudruckers, here we come.

My father is the smartest person in the room. Always. This is a blessing and a curse for him, I find. Being uber-smart doesn't always mean the most open-minded, in fact it means you often are pretty stubborn. And he comes across as not really liking people; it's not you necessarily you that he doesn't like, it's non of us. Strangely, that always alarmed my friends a bit growing up (most common refrain: "man, your dad is intimidating").

We will have a great time, I don't even mean to begin complaining. They're coming to watch Mish and I play soccer tomorrow, we're going to the navy memorial museum to see my uncle (apparently his pic is up there somewhere) out to eat with some friends on saturday night. Then on Sunday we're going to the arboretum in the morning and down to Haines Point for an afternoon picnic. So it'll be fun, a great spring weekend in DC. But damn, it'll be tiring. Parents are hard work. Wish me luck.

PS -- Better wish Misha more luck, it's gotta be worse for her.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i thought your parents should know more about how you feel ... i forwarded them the link to your blog. have a great weekend.

Rick Shaw said...

Well James, my dad already frequents these internets pages, in fact, he is usually the one posting vulgarities under the pseudonym, "Anonymous"