5/2/07

Sad day for Manks

Manchester players and fans alike are sure to be disheartened by today's Champions League result. The poor saps never quite showed up apparently. (Full disclosure: Unlike last week when I was too sick to go to work but not sick enough to not go to the bar to watch the match, I didn't see the game today... BUT Slurry did and that's what he said.) I did see the goals though, as well as United's only real chance on goal, and have to say it sure seemed like Milan dominated from all I can gather. I'll put up the youtube link of the goals when its available. Kaka's goal was magnificent, as was Seedorf's in terms of the clinical finishing ability. The final breakaway goal was equally clinical, but you should score on a breakaway so I was a little less impressed. United's defense was nothing short of shiite. The announcers even referred to it as "schoolboy league defending," which is probably British for "horseshit."

Bummer. But, I do take some solace in the fact that we'll take the Premiership and can make it a double with a win over the dreaded Blues in the FA Cup final. There's only one United!

No comments: