5/7/07

Someone's got a case of the mondays...

...And it's me. I had a great but tiring weekend with the 'rents, and today I feel like I had no weekend at all.

It was fun, we made a nice pan of stuff shells from this awesome Italian deli Vace in Cleveland Park. Saturday we had lunch at Logan Tavern, then went to the Navy Memorial (LAME) and then to the 68th annual FlowerMart. We capped it off with dinner at Clyde's in Gallery Place and then a brief tour of the monuments at night. Sunday we went to the Dupont Farmers Market, then to the National Arboretum, and finally a BBQ and picnic down at Hains Point. No, actually, there was more. THEN we went home for a round of G&Ts (the parents L-O-V-E Saphire & Tonic, and who can blame 'em) and then we went for dessert (milkshakes) at American City Diner. Non-stop fun! And like I said, I am tired today.

Good sports weekend though. Clemens unretires. AGAIN. (My theory is he needs to wait for his scientists to develop ways he can cheat the 'roids test every year, which is why he has this habit of playing half-seasons lately and which also explains how a 44 year old can still pitch in the 90s). Mayweather beats De La Hoya in a split decision. UNITED WITHS THE PREMIERSHIP! A horse named Street Sense won the KY Derby. And much much more.

I leave you with the 133rd running of the Kentucky Derby, enjoy.

No comments: