6/29/07

Draft analysis

I'll try to keep this brief, but since half my readership (Steff and Slurry, thanks) are hoop fans, I gotta give me US$0.02 (my blog, I do what I want).

First, my old favorite team, the T-Puppies: No deal to get rid of the Big Ticket and blow up the squad, but they did make a great choice in the draft. At number 7 they took Florida star Corey Brewer. If they can somehow get rid of at least 3 out of 5 of Marko Jaric, Troy Hudsen, Trenton Hassle, Ricky Davis and Mark Blount, I'd be estatic. Or keep Blount and deal 3-4 of those gaurds for another big or a future draft pick maybe. This starting 5 sounds very good on paper to me: Foye, McCants, Brewer, KG, Blount.

My new favorite team, the Super Durants... no, excuse me, that is the Super Sonics. They deal Ray Ray to the Celtics to make room for their new superstar Kevin Durant who is going to need the ball A LOT. And what do they get for Ray Ray? They get the Celt's #5 in Jeff Green (who I love and got to watch play a lot at G-Town last year and who I became a big believer when he took over the Big East tournament this spring), Delonte West (a young and getting better point guard), and Wally Szczerbiak (was always my least favorite wolf, now he'll probably be my least favorite Sonic). They now have the money to re-sign Lewis, and I think their starting 5 looks pretty decent too (ok, they are going to suck, but bear with me): West, Lewis, Green, Durant, [Blanking on who will center this team]. What I do like is being able to run the floor with three super athletic 6'9" ballers in Lewis, Green, and Durant.

Too bad they'll be moving after next year most likely. There is a stadium issue, which is very similar to the stadium issues in Minny: the public doesn't want to pay for it when the owner is a freakin' billionaire. There is probably much more substance to it than that, but you get the idea. Oh well, I'll enjoy the team while it's in Seattle, and probably can get some cheap tix to the games!

1 comment:

Moroni said...

Seattle is going to be amazing in 2-3 years. They snatched their new GM out of the Spurs organization. Durant is going to be AMAZING.

Not sure about the Corey Brewer pick. We already have a glut of swingmen and no one in the middle. Noah would have been a more sensible pick if KG is sticking around.