6/26/07

Crotchpot cooking

It's real hot here today. Every time it is this hot I think of this scene in Good Morning Vietnam:

Hey, can you tell me what's your name?
"My name is Roosevelt E. Roosevelt."

Roosevelt, what town are you stationed in?
"I'm stationed in Poontang."

Well, thank you, Roosevelt. What's the weather like out there?
"It's hot! Damn hot! Real hot! Hottest thing is my shorts. I could cook things in it. A little crotch pot cooking."

Well, tell me what it feels like.
"Fool, it's hot! I told you again! Were you born on the sun? It's damn hot! It's so damn hot, I saw these little guys, their orange robes burst into flames. It's that hot! Do you know what I'm talking about?"

What do you think it's going to be like tonight?
"It's gonna be hot and wet! That's nice if you're with a lady, but ain't no good if you're in the jungle!"

Thank you, Roosevelt.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

one of coke's better accomplishments ...