4/23/07

Weekend update

[Note to self: hit spell-check before posting the first time, you idiot]
Wow, we here at the Domestique just had a great weekend, hope you did too. Here's a recap of mine:

  • Friday, 5:31p.m. -- quittin' time after a long week. 71 degrees outside. so I pedalled around east and west potomac parks until sundown, awesome. Worked briefly on my new bike project, converting my ole centurian ("Titus") to a single speed bike. Then hung out with Steff and Mish' and drank a nice spanish bottle of red, from the catalan region I believe. Steff and I were basically sorry sacks of crap and couldn't be motivated to go out. Sorry mish'.
  • Sat, 7:30 a.m. -- waking up so early is easy when you pass out by 11:30 the night before. Worked briefly on the bike, then hopped on fuji-san and pedalled up to Max's, so we could head out to bumblefart, MD for a footy game. We destroyed the other team. I had to play goalie about 80% of the game, which really sucked. But I am not complaining, the weather was beautiful and I kept a clean sheet. Then we had some kids over for a little BBQ appetizer/tapas/cocktail party out on the ole patio. Tres chic! Great time had by all. Except for me, I actually had a horrendous time of it in the kitchen. I KILLED the tortilla espanola as I went for the final flip out of the pan onto the serving plate... it ended up in a million pieces all over my stove. (People politely ate it anyways, but I was pissed.) Then later, when I was capping off the meal with homemade BBQ sauce marinated tofu steaks on the grill (yes, I too cannot believe I just wrote that with a straight face), I grabbed the little beauties from the grill (again, completely unironic here, they were fucking good), I promptly dropped them all as I stumbled up the patio stairs. All over the brick steps. Covered in shit and dirt and ants. Ruined. So. Fucking. Pissed.

    Thankfully, there was plenty to drink and a delicious cake that Steff made. And again, I'm passed out by 11:30.
  • Arise around 8 and just hit titus with all I've got. Stripped everything off, cleaned the bajeesus outta him, and started reassembling in a new image, with 5 less speeds and a new, straight & true set of wheels. I'll post a pic soon, I am sure you are just DYING to see it. Played in another footy game in the afternoon, win 3-1 officially, 5-1 by my count (two nice goals by Max disallowed, one of which I assisted on. We were robbed dammit, robbed). Finished the weekend off with a little BBQ at a buddy's place.
  • I think you get the picture: sunny, 70s, footy, food, friends added all up and tossed well to coat, leads to first really amazing weekend of the summer.

1 comment:

m said...

Tofu steaks? Hm.