11/7/07

I feel ya, Big Fella

I am so stoked for my man KG these days. I just watched the clips of the Celtics-Nuggets game on espn.com and have been following his stats so far this season, and KG is playing like a man possessed. He has been better than 20-10-5 in his first three games as a Celtic, and he looks so damn happy. I mean did you see the 'oop that Pierce gave him in the 3rd quarter? They celebrated like freaking And-1 playground ballers, it just looks like they are having a lot of fun. And that is good to see.

The T-wolves and my new hometown boys the Durants, I mean Sonics... pretty much going to be battling it out all season for the worst record in the league. So that will be a nice rivalry to follow between my two teams.

The clip also made me wish I was ballin some out here. I stuck my head in the gym the other day to see what sorta pickup was going on, and it was intense. There were probably 3 to 5 teams of 5 guys sitting out waiting to get in. Two courts going full-length 5v5 (the other courts were occupied by volleyball and badminton games), and it was some intense ball. It was also the most Black people I have seen on campus. Diversity is not a strong suit out here.

Anyways, go KG, or as Trent Tucker used to say, "I feel ya, Big Fella." If the Celtics come to town I am definitely going. Sonics tickets have been expensive since it's the start of the season and people are still excited to watch Durant. But I have no doubt that 20 losses down the road I will be able to score some cheap upper deck tix. And since Key Arena is so small, that probably won't be a bad thing. Shame the Sonics will be leaving in a year or three, I think they could eventually be pretty good. After all, I am a T-Wolves fan at my core, so all I really strive for is first round elimination mediocrity, and I am sure that by season three Durant will be supplying that.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

a gd. forecast of supply and demand in the seattle market. Like an econ major almost